108 Mile Ranch
South Cariboo Region, British Columbia, Canada
Outstanding residence or all-season vacation home
Uniquely designed and engineered
South Cariboo region
According to our Visitor Centre, the South Cariboo - at an elevation of 3,000 ft. - "is found in south-central British Columbia, nestled on the Fraser Plateau between the heights of the Coastal and Rocky mountain ranges. The Fraser River cuts through the middle of this rolling plateau, dividing the Cariboo from the wilds of the Chilcotin".
Developed in the late 1960s, there are now over 1,000 homes on the 108 Ranch’s 24,000 acres (9700 ha) of rolling mixed woodlands, two lakes, and a lovely valley.
Our street, fringing the north shoreline of the 108 lake, is a close-knit community of 28 families which respect each other’s privacy, but also know each other well and watch out for each other.
A tree-lined, paved driveway gives access to the 1800 sq. ft. main floor, plus a half-loft and a developed walk-out basement. There are four bedrooms and 3½ bathrooms. The gardens cover ¾ acre, sloping south – with easy access to the public pathway which circles the 108 Lake. The immediate area has geological "eskers" - gravel ridges which give the street residences privacy and create bays in the lake.
MORE INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE
Uniquely designed and engineered home on one acre, its lovely gardens slope south towards the 108 Lake. Built in 1978 and extended and renovated in 1997; gardens landscaped 1997 and re-landscaped in 2014. Municipal water, natural gas and hydro; bus service; high-speed internet; telephone and satellite TV.
Cariboo home and gardens, 108 Mile Ranch, B.C.
- three walls of the living/dining room are two-thirds glass windows, including two large sliding glass doors accessing the deck on the lakeside;
- bow windows and large skylights are features of the master bedroom and well laid out kitchen;
- the half-loft has twin bedrooms, with a connecting bathroom, reached by a spiral staircase;
- guest suite has a bedroom, w/c, and a sitting room with brick wood-burning fireplace;
- family room has a "rock featured" alcove with gas heater;
- a comfortable home theatre with large windows facing the terraced gardens;
- deck railings are glass, to give an unobstructed view of the gardens and lake;
- two out-buildings: one a car garage, and one a small garden tractor shed.
The main floor rooms are the foyer and hall, bathroom/laundry, the master bedroom and its en-suite, the living/dining room and the efficient, light-filled kitchen and pantry.
In May 2014, a large Douglas fir opposite the front door was removed.
In June 2014, Arbor Landscaping Ltd. was retained to do an extensive re-landscaping:
- trees and shrubs were removed to make a large car park area, adjacent to the garage;
- two deer-damaged cedars were removed from the "sanctuary garden" and replaced by lawn;
- the middle of three terraces was converted into a grass walkway to the lakeside lawns and raised beds; and
- the pathway to the home theatre was rebuilt.
House, adjoining garden and grass walkway
View from raised beds
Looking across the trail to the lake
New Prices (2015)
Basic price: $389,900
Fully furnished (teak): $414,900
1 250 791 5494
Fax: 1 250 791 6717
More about 108 Mile Ranch and the South Cariboo
Satellite view of the 108
Satellite view of the South Cariboo
108 Mile Ranch Community Association
South Cariboo information and resources
South Cariboo Visitor Centre - 100 Mile House
South Cariboo Regional Airport - 108 Mile Ranch
Cariboo Regional District - legal authority for 108 Mile Ranch
Mt Timothy Ski Area - less than an hour from here
Ski the Hills - winter activities at The Hills
The Hills Guest Ranch - a place to stay when visiting